The Albury Regional Job Precinct will build on the NSW Government’s existing investment in the NEXUS Industrial Precinct to create a hub of manufacturing, agribusiness and freight services and deliver more jobs for the region.
An action plan is being developed to outline recommended changes to the local planning framework to provide the local council, communities, industry and businesses with greater confidence around future investment and development. Technical environmental and planning studies will investigate around 1,200 hectares of land within the Albury Local Government Area, including the NEXUS Industrial Precinct.
Regional Job Precincts will deliver faster planning approvals to provide local councils, industry and businesses with greater confidence around future investment and development.
All Regional Job Precincts are being delivered as part of the $4.2 billion Snowy Hydro Legacy Fund.
The Albury Regional Job Precinct will offer:
- A manufacturing and logistics hub in the Riverina Murray region located 12km from Albury Airport, which offers up to 180 flights per week to Melbourne and Sydney.
- A strategic location along the Inland Rail corridor and Hume Highway, creating opportunities to attract new and existing businesses in the manufacturing, agribusiness and freight industries.
- A focus on circular economy industries that will leverage Albury’s locational advantage.
- Albury has an existing skilled workforce to support the manufacturing, transport and logistics sectors.
- Anchor tenants like Circular Plastics Australia and Ettamogah Rail Hub.
Technical investigations are underway in consultation with Albury City Council, NSW Government agencies and key stakeholders.
Community members and landowners will have an opportunity to contribute and provide feedback on this exciting project throughout 2022.
Expressions of interest
For more information or to express your interest in the Albury Regional Job Precinct, please contact Margaret O'Dwyer below.Disclaimer:Please note that this website is made available to showcase investment opportunities in Regional NSW. Information about the investment opportunities was provided by third parties and has not been independently verified by the Department. Do not rely on the information on this website to make an investment decision, but make your own enquiries and seek independent legal, financial and other professional advice. The Department and NSW Government does not recommend or endorse any of the investment opportunities mentioned on this website, nor any entity involved in such investment opportunities, and expressly disclaims any warranties in relation to them.