The A$100 million Regional Job Creation Fund supports existing businesses in regional NSW to grow and encourages interstate or overseas businesses to invest in regional NSW.
Regional NSW is Australia’s largest and most diverse regional economy and is home to thriving agribusiness, energy and resources industries and strong manufacturing, tourism and service sectors.
It has all the key ingredients for businesses to thrive and has direct road and rail access to major domestic markets and highly efficient transport linkages to some of the world’s fastest growing markets across Asia and beyond.
The Regional Job Creation Fund supports regional investment and job creation by offering up to $10 million in co-funding to activate or bring forward regional projects in engine, enabling or emerging engine industries. Examples of eligible projects could include the:
- replacement, upgrade or adaptation of plant and equipment at an existing regional NSW business
- establishment of an additional production line for an existing regional NSW business
- onshoring of activity currently done overseas to a regional NSW location
- development of new regional tourism experiences and visitor attractions
- relocation of a business operation from out of state to regional NSW.
The Regional Job Creation Fund’s focus is to co-fund projects creating at least five sustainable regional jobs. Applicants must provide a minimum 50% cash co-contribution to the project and the NSW Government contribution will be no more than $20,000 per new job created through the project.
Detailed information about the Regional Job Creation Fund, the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and the assessment process can be found in the Regional-Job-Creation-Fund-Program-Guidelines.
Funding applications will be assessed over two stages:
- Preliminary application stage: The submitted online application is assessed for suitability to proceed to the next stage.
- Detailed application stage: If invited to submit a detailed application, a Business Development Manager from the Department of Regional NSW will be appointed to assist the applicant in its preparation.
6.00am on Sunday, 25 October 2020
Held 5 November 2020
Detailed application stage:
5.00pm on Friday, 14 May 2021 or when program funding has been fully allocated
5.00pm on Friday, 25 June 2021 or when program funding has been fully allocated for applicants who have been approved to the detailed application stage
Detailed application stage:
Seven working days from the date of submission
12 weeks from the date of complete submission
Information session (webinar)
A webinar providing guidance about the Regional Job Creation Fund’s eligibility requirements and the application process was held on 5 November 2020.
This webinar was recorded and we recommend potential applicants watch the session prior to making an application.
Making a preliminary application
Preliminary applications must be submitted online.
It is recommended businesses contact the Department of Regional NSW to check the eligibility of their projects prior to making a preliminary application.
To further assist businesses, a checklist has been developed outlining the information required for preliminary applications.
Staff from the Department of Regional NSW are available to support applicants with their applications, even at the initial preliminary application stage.
Call 1300 679 673 or email us with the specifics of your project (location in Regional NSW, new job creation, timeframe, etc) so we can address your enquiry promptly.