The A$130 million Regional Job Creation Fund supports existing businesses in regional NSW to grow and encourages interstate or overseas businesses to invest in regional NSW.
Regional NSW is Australia’s largest and most diverse regional economy and is home to thriving agribusiness, energy and resources industries and strong manufacturing, tourism and service sectors.
It has all the key ingredients for businesses to thrive and has direct road and rail access to major domestic markets and highly efficient transport linkages to some of the world’s fastest growing markets across Asia and beyond.
The Regional Job Creation Fund supports regional investment and job creation by offering up to $10 million in co-funding to activate or bring forward regional projects in engine, enabling or emerging engine industries. Examples of eligible projects could include the:
- replacement, upgrade or adaptation of plant and equipment at an existing regional NSW business
- establishment of an additional production line for an existing regional NSW business
- onshoring of activity currently done overseas to a regional NSW location
- development of new regional tourism experiences and visitor attractions
- relocation of a business operation from out of state to regional NSW.
The Regional Job Creation Fund’s focus is to co-fund projects creating at least five sustainable regional jobs. Applicants must provide a minimum 50% cash co-contribution to the project and the NSW Government contribution will be no more than $20,000 per new job created through the project.
Subscribe for updates
New funding for Round 2 of the Regional Job Creation Fund will be available in 2022. Successful Round 1 projects are being announced and details will be available on the website soon. Subscribe now for updates.
Please call 1300 679 673 or email below for Regional Job Creation Fund queries.