A Moree Special Activation Precinct will be investigated in the New England and North West region.
It will create a thriving business hub that will take advantage of its location in the middle of the most productive grain region in Australia, leveraging the Inland Rail route and Newell Highway.
The Moree Precinct would create a new business hub that specialises in agribusiness, logistics and food processing industries.
Special Activation Precincts will create jobs, attract businesses and investors, and fuel economic development in regional NSW to ensure regions are well placed to grow and meet future economic needs.
All Special Activation Precincts are being delivered as part of the A$4.2 billion Snowy Hydro Legacy Fund.
A Moree Special Activation Precinct is likely to offer:
- Promotion opportunities to value add Moree’s agricultural produce and support new opportunities in protected cropping
- Leverage the strength of Moree’s agricultural and water resources
- Investigate opportunities for alternative energy solutions
- Access to necessary common-user infrastructure such as roads and digital connectivity
- Fast-track planning processes
- Access to a business concierge service
- Road, rail and air transport links, including connection to the Port of Newcastle to access global markets
- Access to high-value agricultural produce and innovative farming practices
- Master planning and community engagement for the Moree Special Activation Precinct has commenced
- The master plan will go on public exhibition in Q1 2021
Incentives and support
- Financial incentives are available through the Regional Investment Attraction Fund
- Relocation grants of up to A$10,000 per worker are available to help attract skilled employees from metropolitan areas
- Business concierge service to assist with development planning and approvals
- Government-funded infrastructure
Expressions of interest
To discuss the Moree Special Activation Precinct in more detail, please contact Brendan Nelson below.Disclaimer:Please note that this website is made available to showcase investment opportunities in Regional NSW. Do not rely on the information on this website to make an investment decision. These projects are subject to final government decisions to invest.