Parkes was announced as NSW's first Special Activation Precinct, taking advantage of location, business development opportunities and employment growth offered by the east-west rail line and the Inland Rail project, placing Parkes at the crossroad of Australia.
The Parkes Special Activation Precinct will create new jobs in the freight and logistics industry and optimise opportunities in the agricultural industry. Regional suppliers will be brought closer to their customers, allowing local products to be delivered across Australia and around the world.
This will increase prosperity for Parkes, the Central West and Orana region, as well as NSW by providing more investment and employment opportunities for people in the region.
Special Activation Precincts will create jobs, attract businesses and investors, and fuel economic development in regional NSW to ensure regions are well placed to grow and meet future economic needs.
All Special Activation Precincts are being delivered as part of the A$4.2 billion Snowy Hydro Legacy Fund.
Benefits of the Parkes Special Activation Precinct include:
- Parkes - The epicentre of the nation's freight network
- 4,800 hectares uniquely positioned at the intersection of the East-West rail line, the North-South Newell Highway and, soon, the new A$10 billion Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail
- Target industries include:
- freight and logistics
- resource recovery
- value-added agriculture
- renewable energy, and
- critical minerals.
- Set to become Australia's largest intermodal site and double stack containers to Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne
- Access to 80 percent of Australian markets within 12 hours via road or rail networks - approximately 350 kilometres from Sydney and 700 kilometres from Melbourne
- Track record of success with anchor tenants: Pacific National investing A$35 million on intermodal, SCT Logistics and Linfox
- NSW Government investment to date: $185 million.
Incentives and support
- Financial incentives are available through the Regional Job Creation Fund
- Relocation grants of up to A$10,000 per worker are available to help attract skilled employees from metropolitan areas
- Business concierge service to assist with development planning and approvals
- Government-funded infrastructure
Expressions of interest
For more information or to express your interest in the Parkes Special Activation Precinct, please contact Rebecca Fox below.Disclaimer:Please note that this website is made available to showcase investment opportunities in Regional NSW. Do not rely on the information on this website to make an investment decision. These projects are subject to final government decisions to invest.