Located north of Wagga Wagga CBD, and including the established 400 hectare Bomen Industrial Estate, the Wagga Wagga Special Activation Precinct is in the master planning stage, with an area of about 4,100 hectares being investigated.
Technical studies including economic, environmental, air quality, noise, social infrastructure and cultural heritage are being finalised. Infrastructure investment is also already committed to establish a Riverina Intermodal Freight and Logistics Hub (including State Government funding) totals A$52 million.
Special Activation Precincts will create jobs, attract businesses and investors, and fuel economic development in regional NSW to ensure regions are well placed to grow and meet future economic needs.
All Special Activation Precincts are being delivered as part of the A$4.2 billion Snowy Hydro Legacy Fund.
The Wagga Wagga Special Activation Precinct is currently in the master planning phase, but will offer:
- Fast tracked approval processes due to upfront strategic planning and pre-agreed land uses
- Next day delivery to 75% of Australian population
- Access to the Riverina Intermodal Freight and Logistics Hub which is already underway
- Suitable for 24/7 operations
- An existing industrial base with specialisations in agribusiness, renewable energy and advanced manufacturing
- Customisable land options to suit all development needs
- Skilled and educated workforce, and an attractive lifestyle city
- Unique opportunities in:
- Final master plan: Q4 2020
- Construction to commence: Q3 2021
Incentives and support
- Financial incentives are available through the Regional Investment Attraction Fund
- Relocation grants of up to A$10,000 per worker are available to help attract skilled employees from metropolitan areas
- Business concierge service to assist with development planning and approvals
- Government-funded infrastructure
Expressions of interest
For more information or to express your interest in the Wagga Wagga Special Activation Precinct, please contact Brendan Nelson below.Disclaimer: Please note that this website is made available to showcase investment opportunities in Regional NSW. Do not rely on the information on this website to make an investment decision. These projects are subject to final government decisions to invest.