Located north of Wagga Wagga CBD, and including the established 400 hectare Bomen Industrial Estate, the Wagga Wagga Special Activation Precinct is in the master planning stage.
Technical studies including economic, environmental, air quality, noise, social infrastructure and cultural heritage are being finalised. Infrastructure investment is also already committed to establish a Riverina Intermodal Freight and Logistics Hub (including State Government funding) totals A$52 million.
Special Activation Precincts will create jobs, attract businesses and investors, and fuel economic development in regional NSW to ensure regions are well placed to grow and meet future economic needs.
All Special Activation Precincts are being delivered as part of the A$4.2 billion Snowy Hydro Legacy Fund.
The Wagga Wagga Special Activation Precinct will offer:
- Wagga Wagga - the world-class business precinct in the Riverina-Murray region
- Fast tracked approval processes due to upfront strategic planning and pre-agreed land uses
- Next day delivery to 75% of Australian population
- Access to the Riverina Intermodal Freight and Logistics Hub which is underway
- Direct access to the A$10b Inland Rail network
- Benefit from moving freight to 80 percent of the Australian population in under 32 hours
- Increased freight efficiencies and opening the Riverina Murray region to new trade opportunities
- Direct rail interface and capability to service an 1800 metre train configuration
- Better access to domestic and international freight markets
- Improved digital connectivity
- Suitable for 24/7 operations
- An existing industrial base with specialisations in agribusiness, renewable energy and advanced manufacturing
- 4,506 hectares offering customisable land options to suit all development needs
- Skilled and educated workforce, and an attractive lifestyle city
- Unique opportunities in:
- freight and logistics
- advanced manufacturing
- innovation, skills and education, and
- renewable energy and recycling
- Anchor tenants include Southern Oil, ProWay, Enirgi, Teys and Robe
- Final master plan: Q4 2020
- Construction to commence: Q3 2021
Incentives and support
- Financial incentives are available through the Regional Job Creation Fund
- Relocation grants of up to A$10,000 per worker are available to help attract skilled employees from metropolitan areas
- Business concierge service to assist with development planning and approvals
- Government-funded infrastructure
Expressions of interest
For more information or to express your interest in the Wagga Wagga Special Activation Precinct, please contact Brendan Nelson below.Disclaimer: Please note that this website is made available to showcase investment opportunities in Regional NSW. Do not rely on the information on this website to make an investment decision. These projects are subject to final government decisions to invest.